TOP FIXED NAV

Maxwell *Gasp* Is *Pant* Going on TOUR!!!

maxwell_on_stage.jpgThere are simply not enough abbreviations to explain the excitement housed within my tingling body after I discovered that the man, the myth, the legend of Maxwell is going to be touring in the fall. In short, we here at SoulBounce HQ have been OMFGing and WTHing all over the place. Trumped only by the possibility of a Bigfoot sighting last week, we were somewhat comforted by the following MySpace update some time ago by Sy Smith:

sy smith-maxwell.jpg
Not feeling the desire to have a baby on ourselves, we remained comforted by the glow still emanating from our TV screens from his unexpected BET performance earlier this summer. Needless to say, orgasms were had, but no babies.

Yesterday, we put you on to a YouTube clip of Maxy performing the lovely "This Woman's Work." But we have been duped before. There was also talk of a tour a little while ago, but we weren't convinced. Plus, does anyone else remember a Valentine's Day promise of a triple-disc CD entitled Black Summer's Night starting with Black? Mmm hmm. Us, too.
But now we can proudly announce that there are Maxwell tour dates scheduled. Does this mean that Black Summer's Night will be released soon? As of yet, there has been no official or unofficial word on that. But you can at least be comforted that he is coming. Very, very soon. Boston get ready. As of right now, you're up first.

• October 8, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. - Boston Opera House (Boston, MA)
  • October 9, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Radio City Music Hall (New York, NY)
    Ticket sales begin 8/22/08 at 12:00 p.m.
  • October 12, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Massey Hall (Toronto, ON)
  • October 21, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Orpheum Theater (Minneapolis, MN)
    Ticket sales begin 8/22/08 at 6:00 p.m.
  • October 22, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Omaha Music Hall (Omaha, NE)
    Ticket sales begin 8/23/08 at 12:00 p.m.
  • November 7, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Verizon Wireless Theater (Houston, TX)
    Ticket sales begin 8/23/08 at 10:00 a.m.
Keep it locked on Live Nation and Ticketmaster for presumably more concert dates to be added.

Many thanks to Christina who gave us the tip.

TAGS:  ,

16 Responses

1. LAWD have mercy...when is he coming to Baltimore, DC, Philly? I may have to try for the NYC joint!

2. Looks like I'll be road trippin' to Houston if he doesn't schedule any tour dates closer to me.

3. Now i am debating online sales or camping out....my mind says i'll be sleeping outside RCM lol

4. I am fucking THERE. radio city music hall I'm coming for you. YES SIR yes sir yessssirrrr. this made me so happy.

5. I can't leave a post for the group above, Owusu & Hannibal (thanks SoulBounce for the introduction to them), so I'll post here and say that they would be a great opening act for my man Maxwell. They have a laid back sound that he likes...similar to Sweetback (Sade's band that Maxwell worked with too). I like what i have heard so far. They'll be an iTunes purchase.

6. I hope he decides to come to LA or San Diego 😉

7. Oh, no he has to come to Chicago, IL!

8. Thank you sooo much for giving us the heads up! I will be sleeping outside the venue before the tickets go on sale to be te first in line!

9. Dude is mad, mad, mad talented......however HE IS GAY, GAY, GAY LADIES and no not in a Marvin Gaye sort of way:) That said I am still copping his CD when it drops.

10. So California doesn't exist? Hello Maxwell... you can find you a man here and take off that fake wedding ring. Unless you want to get me a matching one. Come to Cali and I'll throw man panties on the stage at you!

11. Ladies get those F me pumps out and ready to roll.

12. I am not sure why he chose to end the tour here in Philly, but I will not miss that one. He's got to lay it ALL OUT for the final show of the tour. And with Jazmine Sullivan opening for him, she'll be sure to do it up big for the hometown crowd. Now...who's gonna buy me tickets? LOL

13. Gay or not, I love what the man's voice does for me. I have my tickets, my outfit and my pumps ready - all black to match the next albums title, of course 🙂

14. Oct 15 was the day Maxwell set the stage on fire in St. Louis. OMG. I've been waiting on this brother for a long time. Well worth the wait. He and his band worked it the entire evening. Smooth sexy vocals coupled with intoxicating moves ... oh yes the brother can move. He's incredibly humble ... he couldn't believe that people still had mad love for him. My mom asked me what was the concert like, and I said, "It was like in the 70s when Marvin came to town".
    Maxwell, you have been blessed with awesome talents. May God continue to bless you.

15. Saw him in Minneapolis and KC....off the hook...he is as amazing, humble, thankful, gifted, amusing, talented, and as sweet as can be...

16. Saw the show in Chicago. It was really beautiful. He is talented, humble and gorgeous. Sold out crowd, everyone there loved it! Love you Maxwell, come again soon, we missed you.

Encore

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!