The legendary Smokey Robinson revisits some of his most notable work on the forthcoming Smokey & Friends. The album, which will be released by Verve Records on August 19th, compiles newly recorded duet versions of some of the singer-songwriter's best-loved hits and most notable compositions, as well as pairs him with superstars of yesterday and today.
Mary J. Bilge will join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on the early ’80s hit "Being With You," and listeners can expect an elegant tickling of the keys when John Legend teams with Robinson for "Quiet Storm" from his 1975 album of the same name.
Ledisi will croon on the vintage Tamla Records song "Ooh Baby Baby," while a new group of Temptations — composed of Miguel, Aloe Blacc and *NSYNC's JC Chasez — will harmonize with Smokey on "My Girl," joined by John Mayer, who will play those unforgettable opening cords.
Produced by Randy Jackson, Smokey & Friends will also feature collaborations with Elton John, CeeLo Green, Jessie J and more. The tracklist — and Smokey's singing partners — can be found below, but you can click here pre-order the album on Amazon.
Smokey Robinson Smokey & Friends tracklist
1. “The Tracks of My Tears” with Elton John
2. “You Really Got a Hold on Me” with Steven Tyler
3. “My Girl” with Miguel, Aloe Blacc & JC Chasez
4. “Cruisin'” with Jessie J
5. “Quiet Storm” with John Legend
6. “The Way You Do (The Things You Do)” with CeeLo Green
7. “Being With You” with Mary J. Blige
8. “Ain't That Peculiar” with James Taylor
9. “The Tears of a Clown” with Sheryl Crow
10. “Ooh Baby Baby” with Ledisi
11. “Get Ready” with Gary Barlow