Brandon Williams' sophomore album, The Love Factor, has been a long time in the making and a long time coming. Fans have literally been waiting for it since he released his first album, XII, in 2014. That wait came to a semi-end last August when he debuted the project with the first single "In Love" featuring Brian McKnight, Jr. and immediately got us hooked. However, Brandon didn't give us another sample until earlier this month when he dropped the second single, "Don't Give Up On Love" with Eric Roberson, and really left us fiending for more. The release of the second single brought with it the good news we'd been waiting for, though; Brandon shared that The Love Factor would finally see the light of day this September. Now, he's taken things a step further and revealed the album's official release date, cover art and tracklist. Oh yes, he is ready – and so are we.
The Love Factor cover art features a man and a woman wrapped up in a sensual embrace. Their highly-melanated naked torsos glimmer like sexy bronze statues, and their tight hug brings to mind these classic India.Arie's lyrics: "Brown skin, you know I love your brown skin / I can't tell where yours begins, I can't tell where mine ends." Is it hot in here, or is it just this cover?
The cover has us fanning ourselves, and the tracklist has us hot and bothered, too. The collection flaunts 13 songs and a solid roster of singers and musicians on each track. In addition to the aforementioned McKnight and Roberson, Williams collaborates with Marcus Miller, Alex Isley, Lee Mo, Paula Champion and a slew of additional guests. Song titles such as "You're Mine," "Godsend," "Say You Love Me," "Deeper" and "Love Dance" indicate that love is a common thread woven into The Love Factor. The tracklist has us hungry to hear the musical magic that Brandon and his talented friends have made.
Thankfully, we'll get to indulge in Brandon Williams' latest masterpiece when The Love Factor is released on Friday, September 13th. The Love Factor is currently available for pre-order from iTunes or directly from Brandon's website.
Brandon Williams The Love Factor tracklist:
1. Preface (feat. Sasha Kashperko & Simon Novsky)
2. You're Mine (feat. Joe Pore)
3. Don't Give Up on Love (feat. Eric Roberson)
4. Let It Go (feat. Lee Mo & Jabari Johnson)
5. Godsend (Revisited) (feat. Mario Castro & Ian Finkelstein)
6. In Love (feat. Brian McKnight, Jr.)
7. Say You Love Me (feat. Alex Isley, Sequoia Snyder & Jeff Ponders II)
8. Don't Make A Fool (feat. Paula Champion & Shamarr W)
9. In Their Shoes (feat. Matt Cusson)
10. Deeper (feat. Amara & Joe Pore)
11. The Love Factor (Interlude)
12. Love Dance (feat. Artia Lockett, Marcus Miller & Taylor Eigsti)
13. The Future (feat. Simon Novsky & Taylor Eigsti)