Celine Dion became known across the world when she did "it" with Peabo Bryson for Aladdin. Christina Aguilera did it for Mulan before she broke big. Vanessa Williams did it for Pocahontas during the heyday of her musical career. What is "it," you ask? It's simple. They went Disney. And Bob Marley's heir to the roots reggae throne, Ziggy Marley, has followed suit, included on the new Disney CD, The Disney Reggae Club, which comes out in less than a month. Kids and kids at heart can enjoy this disc which is set to drop in stores and online on June 8th.
After the bounce
The Disney Reggae Club features songs from classic Disney animated films--from The Little Mermaid to The Jungle Book--recorded by Ziggy Marley, the group Burning Spear, legendary British band UB40 and others.
Artists and tracks included on the album are:
1. "Circle of Life" (from The Lion King) Performed by Matisyahu
2. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (from The Lion King) Performed by Cedella Marley
3. "The Bare Necessities" (from The Jungle Book) Performed by Steel Pulse
4. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" (from The Lion King) Performed by Morgan Heritage
5. "What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong classic) Performed by Ziggy Marley
6. "True to Your Heart" (from Mulan) Performed by The Wailing Souls
7. "You've Got a Friend in Me" (from Toy Story) Performed by Sly & Robbie
8. "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" (from Song of the South) Performed by Toots
9. "I Wan'na Be Like You" (from The Jungle Book) Performed by UB40
10. "Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat" (from The Aristocats) Performed by Michael G & the Easy Star All-Stars
11. "Kiss The Girl" (from The Little Mermaid) Performed by Burning Spear
12. "Under The Sea" (from The Little Mermaid) Performed by Gregory Isaacs
13. "Find Yourself" (from Cars) Performed by Yellowman
Check out Ziggy Marley on Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" and tell us what you think.